10:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
DAY OF REGISTRATION is available. All registration on Saturday MUST check-in at Smith-Oscilowski Garden, 416 Gwynedd Valley Drive, Lower Gwynedd, 19002 to make payment of $10.00 per person, cash or check only.
The Designed by Nature Garden Tour will feature six Ambler area gardens that showcase native plants and naturalistic design to attract birds, butterflies and other pollinators.
These landscapes are excellent examples of gardens that are transitioning from the status quo of traditional gardens to naturalistic design. A naturalistic garden is based upon the gardener’s needs and desires with consideration to nature’s dictates and is closely linked to the landscape on which it is created.
Although the gardens are not 100% native, all of the homeowners are making an effort to increase biodiversity, improve water quality and address local ecosystem degradation...and they are beautiful gardens!
Visitors to the gardens will receive informational packets describing the plants in each garden as well as the gardener’s thoughts and experiences. Lists containing native plant substitutes for traditional nonnative plants as well as ecofriendly garden tips will be provided.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
- $10.00 per person
- Location details and map will be sent to all registrants via email one week prior to event
Sponsored by a partnership between the Wissahickon Valley Watershed Association (WVWA), the Norristown Garden Club (NGC), the Temple University Ambler Keystone branch of the Woman’s National Farm and Garden, and the Ambler Environmental Advisory Council (EAC).
- *Smith-Oscilowski Garden- 416 Gwynedd Valley Dr., Lower Gwynedd, PA 19002
- Messant Garden- 4 Gwyneth Court, Lower Gwynedd, 19002 (right off Sumneytown Pike)
- McNeely-David Garden- 921 Surrey Dr., Gwynedd Valley, PA 19437
- Dougherty Garden- 338 Tennis Ave., Ambler, PA 19002
- Fry Garden- 573 Graystone Rd., Ambler, PA 19002 - note correct spelling of GRAYstone Rd.
This garden is located off W. Butler Ave approx. 1/2 mile from the corner of Butler Ave & Morris Rd.
- Wenckus Garden- 332 Lindenwold Ave., Ambler, PA 19002
#1,2,3 are all Gwynedd Valley. #4,5,6 are all Ambler area.
* Native Plant Plugs will be for sale at the Smith-Oscilowski Garden. Cash or check only.
All locations will provide handouts including plant list, lesson learned by the homeowners.
Click for larger map