Join Suzanne Smith-Oscilowski, WVWA’s Environmental Educator, as she discusses the importance of Rain Gardens. Simple to install and maintain, rain gardens are indeed a thing of beauty. During this program you will learn where to site, how to build and what to plant in your Rain Garden.
What is a rain garden?
A garden designed as a shallow depression to collect water that runs off your roof, driveway and other paved surfaces.
Why plant a rain garden?
- Increase the amount of water that filters into the ground and recharges aquifers
- Protect our community from flooding
- Protect streams and lakes from pollutants- lawn fertilizers, pesticides, oil and other car fluids
- Enhance the beauty of our yards and neighborhoods
- Provide habitat for beneficial insects, butterflies and birds
- Ambler Food Co-Op Office, 131 E Butler Ave, Ambler, PA 19002
- Program is free
- RSVP HERE