6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Each year the dance or nuptial flight of the male American Woodcock heralds spring. Witness this wonderful and short-lived spring phenomenon. This walk will meet at the WVWA Headquarters for materials and a brief woodcock talk, then regroup at a nearby woodcock hotspot.
- Registration required; Members and children under 12: free | Non-members: $10.00
- Four Mills Reserve, WVWA Headquarters, 12 Morris Road, Ambler 19002
- Dress for the weather as a portion of this program will be outside
- Wear sturdy, waterproof shoes, trails may be wet
- Bring binoculars and field guide if you have them (some loaners available)
- Bring a flashlight or headlamp for the walk out after dusk
- Register online