8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
This program is cancelled
Learn about the wonderful world of butterflies during this introductory workshop and nature walk! Join WVWA Naturalist Kristy Morley to learn the basics of butterfly life cycles, identification and how to support them on your own property. Following the indoor sessions, we will take a walk around the Temple Ambler Arboretum gardens and meadows to search for these colorful and fascinating pollinators.
- Registration required; Members and children under 12: Free | Non-members: $10
- Discount Codes available for Temple University students and Ambler Arboretum Members. Contact email@example.com for more information
- Program location: Temple Arboretum | 580 Meetinghouse Road, Ambler, PA 19002 | Meet at the Woman's National Farm and Garden Association Visitor's Center
- Bring binoculars (some loaners will be available), a notebook and pen or pencil
- Feel free to bring a camera
- Bring a butterfly field guide if you have a favorite. We will be discussing field guide options during the workshop, so don't run out and buy one if you don't already own one.
- Dress for the weather
- Please limit the use of insect repellent (apply well away from the gardens) as butterflies are insects too!
- Don't forget your sunscreen