8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (Walks) 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. (Potluck)
Participate in the 119th Audubon Christmas Bird Count! Join WVWA staff and explore Four Mills Reserve and Willow Lake Preserve for winter species. If we are lucky, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Red-breasted Nuthatch and Winter Wren will have arrived! Join us after the walks for a Potluck lunch at the Four Mills Barn with other Christmas Bird Count participants from Wyncote Audubon Society.
More information on the Christmas Bird Count can be found here.
- Registration required; Members and children under 12: free | Non-members: $10.00
- Four Mills Reserve, WVWA Headquarters, 12 Morris Road, Ambler 19002
- Potluck and refreshments will be served in the Barn at the conclusion of the Four Mills walk
- WVWA is providing a variety of chili and fixins'. Please bring your favorite beverage (soda/beer/wine) and/or a dessert to share.
- Each walk will last approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Sturdy, waterproof shoes are recommended
- Bring binoculars and field guide if you have them (some loaners available)
- Register online