6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Each year the nuptial flight or dance of the male American Woodcock heralds spring. Witness this wonderful and short-lived spring phenomenon. This walk will meet at the WVWA Headquarters for materials and a brief woodcock talk, then regroup at a nearby woodcock hotspot.
- WVWA Headquarters at Four Mills Reserve | 12 Morris Road | Ambler PA 19002
- Members and children under 12: free | Non-members: $10.00
- Dress for the weather as a portion of this program will be outside
- Wear sturdy, waterproof shoes, trails may be wet
- Bring binoculars if you have them (some loaners avaiable)
- Bring a flashlight or headlamp for the walk out after dusk
- If necessary, raindate is March 29
- Online registration will open soon
Photo: Simon RB Thompson, Macaulay Library