Since 1957, the Wissahickon Valley Watershed Association has been the leading advocate working to protect the health and beauty of the Wissahickon Creek. Our aim is to protect our Watershed so that we can leave our beloved Creek in better shape for the future.
To reach our goal, we are asking you to take action - to choose clean water! Be a guardian of your water quality!
Please consider making a year-end gift to the Save Our Wissahickon campaign. This campaign will enable the Association to educate a wide variety of stakeholders –residents, landowners, businesses and municipal officials who make up the 14 communities in our Watershed.
Our theme - Healthy Watersheds = Clean Water includes easy and effective ways to improve water quality, such as:
- Creating rain gardens and reducing the size of lawns - Read about sustainable gardening
- Planting with native plants and shrubs and supporting open space efforts - Learn more about native plants
- Conserving water and reducing or eliminating the use of chemicals and fertilizers
- Composting grass clippings AND cleaning up after your pets
- Remembering that water, entering storm drains, goes directly into the Wissahickon Creek without first being filtered.
Please consider making a year-end gift to the Save Our Wissahickon campaign. To help us reach this goal of $100,000, Barbara and Phil Albright have offered a Challenge Matching Grant that will double your gift, if made by December 31, 2014.